I just came back from the Christalite Methodist Home, and I had a really fun time. Even though Pooja, Tanisha, and I only got one resident, I had fun. We were just sitting there waiting for a resident when a man walked in. He sat down and then I found out that he was the exact same resident I had last time. I remembered he liked to draw, so I knew he would have fun coloring.
Today we did a really fun craft. We got a piece of paper and folded it in half. Then we opened it back up and colored one side of the paper. Lastly, we folded the paper back up and wrote whatever we wanted on the front, so that when we opened it back up, it had what we wrote on the front, inside. It was a really fun craft to do, and I'm going to do it when I get home because it was so fun.
Something that worked well, was that we got residents. It worked well because they came. I think they thought that since it was fun last time, they would do it again. I think I 'm right, because I saw the same residents today that I saw last time. I think it was awesome how may people showed up, again.
I think something that didn't work well, was the language part. Even though I had two really good Chinese speaking friends at my table, it was still hard because I wish I could have had a conversation with him because I had to ask people to say it for me because I can't speak Chinese well enough to have a good conversation.
I hope I somehow get to volunteer again at the Christalite Methodist Home because it makes me feel great to see residents smile at something I did. It makes me fell like I can make the world a better place, and I believe that everyone deserves to have that feeling inside them. I hope the kids next year enjoy the Christalite Methodist Home as much as I did!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment